This recipe will not disappoint. Not only is it healthy and deelish, but it is great for entertaining. It does not seem like a lot of ingredients, but it sure looks like it when the salad is complete. You can feed an army (or a famished family of four!). This recipe follows my 10 prep step rule. Enjoy and mangia mangia!
Here’s what you need: Serves 4+
- 1 head of red leaf lettuce (I sometimes add a small head of bib or butter lettuce)
- 1 english cucumber
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 can of black or dark red kidney beans
- 1 pound of ground lean turkey (tofu could be substituted)
- 2 table spoons of taco seasoning, or one package found in grocery stores
*I find these have too much added salt, so here is a quick way to make your own:
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- ½teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ cup of shredded mexican blend of cheddar cheese.
- ½ cup of Italian salad dressing (yes Italian)
- Medium-Hot salsa to taste.
- ¾ of a cup of crumbled blue corn tortilla chips
What you do:
- Brown ground turkey in a frying pan over medium high heat. Cook completely.
- Add 2- 2 1/2 tablespoons of taco seasoning with a quarter cup of hot water. Combine completely.
- Add the drained and rinsed can of beans. Lower heat to low.
- After that heats through, turn off heat and take off burner.
- Wash and chop lettuce and combine diced tomatoes, bite sized chopped cucumber, and diced avocado.
- Add meat and beans to salad.
- Add Italian dressing and salsa.
- Add cheese and toss.
- Combine crumbled tortilla chips.
- Serve and devour.
Leave a Comment
- Al e Ol (Pasta with garlic, tomato and olive oil)
- Risotto with Tomatoes, Parmesan and Basil