Here is the recipe you all were asking about over the holiday. A woman my mother works with gave her this amazing recipe that can be so versatile!
Since my mom is the best and so accommodating, she made this special for me to enjoy with breakfast and as taco filling we ate while watching Tim Tebow tear it up on Sunday!
Let me know what you think.
- 2-3 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 packet of tempeh (8 oz.)
- chili powder (enough to coat all of the tempeh equally)
- 3 tablespoons (or a tad more) apple cider vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic minced or grated
- 2 tablespoons oregano
*other ingredients to add to your taste*
- fennel seed (this is what makes it taste a lot like sausage)
- cumin seed
- coriander seed
- mustard seed
- caraway seed
- black pepper
Break up the tempeh in a sauté pan and add oil. Cook over medium high heat for about 10 minutes then add rest of the ingredients. Heat thoroughly.
If the tempeh is slightly dry while making and/or after, just add a little water to loosen it up.
This is perfect in breakfast burritos and for tacos. For the tacos, just spoon into a hard taco shell or soft flour tortilla, and cheese (optional) salsa or fave hot sauce (mine is Cholula), lettuce and tomato.
Leave a Comment
- Plant Based Protein
- Renée’s Pasta Fagioli or Pasta Fazool (In 10 easy steps!)